Brands are flocking to Instagram because it’s a great place to make a name for your brand. And, they’re seeing engagement rates that are through the roof–especially compared to other brands. As a brand, how do you measure progress on Instagram?
Have you heard about Iconosquare? Iconosquare is a website that provides Instagram users with metrics about their following for free. Iconosquare gives you a nice little snapshot of how often you posted in the last month, what content is getting the most attention, what time your audience is most active and which hashtags are most popular. Iconosquare is the only tool you need to create an effective Instagram marketing strategy.
Below we’ve shared with you ten tips on creating successful Instagram posts for your brand!
10 TIPS TO CREATE SUCCESSFUL INSTAGRAM POSTS
1. POST STRONG VISUAL IMAGES. Lifestyle images are always preferred. Be creative and always make sure that the product featured is reflected well. Don’t post catalogue or web looking images. Show your products in their real form and in use. It is helpful to stock pile photos so you always have them handy and ready to go.
2. CHOOSE AN ENGAGING CAPTION THAT CREATES A CALL TO ACTION: Keep it clear, tell a story, ask direct questions, invite them to do more like tag a friend or click the bio link in your profile.
3. HASHTAGS. The single most important element is choosing the right hashtags. Hashtags make your photos discoverable. It’s best to stick with three to five hashtags at a time. Don’t crowd it. Put your hashtags in a comment below your caption. You can use Hashtagify to help you find the best hashtags that are related to your audience and brand. Find out which are most popular and who is using them.
4. LOCATION. Use the GEOTAG feature all the time. This tag will tell people where your store is located in every post. Also, incorporate location based hashtags into your posts. People search location hashtags more than any other type.
5. PARTNER WITH INFLUENCERS. In order to gain new followers you must be proactive and engage with others. How? Like and comment on others posts. Search for other local businesses in the area that may have a similar customer base and make sure to interact with those people. Also, posts shouting out other users will increase engagement.
6. RUN CONTESTS + PROMOTIONS. Adding Instagram contests can quickly expand your reach. For example, Like to Win Contests: In a “like to win” contest, simply ask for an Instagram user to like an update. All those who do so will be entered into the contest. Another idea is to run a Hashtag User-Generated Content Contest. Create a contest-specific hashtag and ask participants to share a photo or video using that hashtag to enter. Give customers a push to share pictures of themselves using their new purchase out in the real world. Product in action and an excuse for a selfie is a win win for all. Don’t forget a great prize. Your prize is a key factor in what motivates a person to participate. Your prize should be about marketing your brand, whether its an item you sell, a gift card, or a vacation. You get the picture.
7. VIDEOS & ANIMATION. Capture moments on Instagram with videos or animated GIFS. They allow you to be more vivid, artistic and creative with your images.
8. GET EVERYONE IN YOUR STORE INVOLVED. Encourage your employees to share on your behalf. Employees are an important asset for a business when it comes to social media. Encourage your employees to be a part of the conversation. Encourage them to follow your brand, like and post images, and to comment on them. They likely have friends in the area that may align with your target market. Reward your team for sharing photos and for the traction they have created.
9. SPREAD THE WORD. Remind your customers to follow you on Instagram verbally and by having your Instagram account and username visible at the checkout, in your email blasts, in your window displays or on your bag stuffers.
10. EMBED YOUR INSTAGRAM POSTS ON YOUR WEBSITE OR BLOG. From the desktop Web version of Instagram, you can get an embed code to add specific images and videos to your company’s website. This can help you show your current visitors that you’re active on Instagram and, as a result, help you gain more followers.
Your Mission: Post targeted content that encourages engagement with your followers, reach new audiences and promote your business.